Guided Trips

UPDATE: 5/14/2015 -- Streams in the Smokies are getting lower with the recent lack of rainfall. Dry/dropper rigs are accounting for a lot of fish, especially on the dropper. Yesterday was a great day with lots of rainbows and brookies and even a few browns. Fish were taking both flies but showed a preference for my favorite caddis pupa dropper.

The Caney Fork continues to fish well. On a half day trip this past Tuesday, a brand new angler had a 40 fish day with some nice sized holdovers in the mix including a few browns. Contact me about a float trip if you want to get in on this great fishing at TroutZoneAnglers@gmail.com or call/text (931) 261-1884. With the holiday weekend and summer coming up, expect the fishing pressure to steadily increase on this river so get out and enjoy it while you can.

Smallmouth are turning on as well now. Last Sunday, I landed my personal best smallmouth on one of my favorite local creeks. This fishing will only improve. Isonychias are hatching on the smallie streams here on the Plateau and Golden Stoneflies should be just around the corner. Over the next few weeks, the streams will transition to great surface terrestrial and popper fishing.

Help support the Trout Zone and purchase your 2015 Tennessee fishing license using this link!

Photo of the Month: Spring Rainbow Trout

Photo of the Month: Spring Rainbow Trout

Friday, March 01, 2013

Update on Tennessee Tailwater Closings

My buddy David Perry over at Southeastern Fly just posted an update on the Tennessee tailwater situation.  Apparently Senator Lamar Alexander has introduced legislation to block those closings.  Head over to Southeastern Fly and watch the video for more on this!

5 comments:

  1. David
    I stop by David's blog quite often, I will take a look. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bill, this is particularly important to anyone who fishes the TN tailwaters so glad you are checking it out!

      Delete
  2. David, sorry buddy I thought it would be video of some beautiful water. When I opened it and saw politician I couldn't go there. I'll wait for your report.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, no worries and I don't blame you. Politicians annoy me to no end as well, especially lately...

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the link David. Sounds reasonable and hope it gets resolved.

    ReplyDelete

Newsletter

Subscribe to the Trout Zone Anglers Newsletter!

* indicates required