Featured Photo: Streamer Eater on the Clinch

Featured Photo: Streamer Eater on the Clinch

Monday, April 09, 2012

Pigs Beware

While wandering the rugged eastern Cumberland Plateau in search of new fishing holes, I came across an area where the locals are putting a hurt on the pig population...no, not big fish, I mean literal pigs.  After shooting them and skinning them out, the hunters apparently hang the skin and/or head on the fences.  I'm not sure if they are showing off their hunting prowess or trying to send a message to the pig population.  Regardless, it was an interesting diversion from my drive through the country although my camera is still revolting against any responsibility for these slightly disturbing pictures...



3 comments:

  1. whoa. that's crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've watched a couple of programs on TV and wild pigs can be quite the nuisance. Maybe the dead skin and head is enough of a deterrent to keep them away.

    +Mark

    ReplyDelete
  3. probably just feeding the live ones...

    ReplyDelete