Featured Photo: Native Colors

Featured Photo: Native Colors

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Thanks!!!

I just want to give a shout out to everyone that stopped by Little River Outfitters on Sunday to join me for the fly tying session.  Talking flies and how to fish them are always a lot of fun for me and I specifically want to thank Byron, Paula, and Daniel for having me.  I will likely be heading up to the Park again soon to get in on the early spring hatches.  Things have been amazing already this year from everything I have heard and I can't wait to get in on a good hatch myself. 

3 comments:

  1. What did you tie?

    Regular Rod

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tied a variety of mountain and tailwater patterns, several of which are my own flies or variations on flies without a name. I tied the Belly Ache Minnow, a striper fly of my own design I call the PB&J (for Puglisi, Bunny, and Jelly), and a variation of the Crazy Charlie/Gotcha, all of which are great streamer patterns in the Smokies as well as area tailwaters and warm water streams. I also tied three tailwater flies, the Ray Charles, Zebra Midge, and a Micro-Tubing Midge Larva pattern. Finally, I tied a few Smokies patterns including a beadhead caddis pupa, Quill Gordon Spundun, Soft Hackle Isonychia, and my version of the Tellico Nymph. Lots of variety to keep things interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:11 PM

    David, Those were some great pics of your hike up to Ramsey Cascades. Beautiful!! I used to do a lot of backpacking on the AT as well as most of the trails in the park (not able to hike far now due to PD - but I flyfish now to get outdoors) and was wondering if you had ever hiked to the Mt Cammerer firetower during winter . Its quite a sight with icicles , snow, etc....
    Also I enjoy your posts on LRO and those pics.
    See Ya , Mike

    ReplyDelete