Featured Photo: Streamer Eater on the Clinch

Featured Photo: Streamer Eater on the Clinch

Friday, January 27, 2012

Firsts

First brown of the year nailed a white streamer and wanted it in a bad way.  The fish swirled on the fly once so I threw back and it inhaled the fly like it was the last meal it would get.  Not a bad way to kick off another year of fishing for browns!


Also got that first smallmouth and it was definitely a surprise!  Normally I don't expect to see smallies out this time of year, but it just goes to show that fish do still have to eat.  Those that think fishing in cold weather is pointless just need to get out more.  If you spend enough time on the water and learn what the fish are up to, the catches will follow...



4 comments:

  1. Did both fish come from the same river? If so, where? I understand if you don't want to be too specific... so be as discreet as you like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jay,

    It is not a secret. As much as I wish I had my own brown trout stream hidden away somewhere I don't. It was on Little River in the Smokies. Caught both fish on the same fly!

    David Knapp

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a good looking brown!

    ReplyDelete