Guided Trips

UPDATE: 7/2/2015 -- Rain continues to fall over the Park. Streams were anywhere from stained to high and muddy today. The terrestrial bite was decent and I nailed two 12" rainbows, one on a hopper and one on a Green Weenie. Streamers resulted in some nice follows and eats, but somehow I never connected. High water this time of year should trigger a feeding binge. Get out there and fish!

The Caney Fork is fishing very well this year. Flows are going to be up for at least a week or so with all the rain we are getting and maybe a lot more. It should settle down by mid to late July though and the fishing will be excellent. Contact me about a float trip if you want to get in on this great fishing at TroutZoneAnglers@gmail.com or call/text (931) 261-1884.

Cumberland Plateau smallmouth fishing is definitely getting cranked up. The topwater bite is ON now so get out and chase those blue lines for smallies and panfish!

Help support the Trout Zone and purchase your 2015 Tennessee fishing license using this link!

Photo of the Month: Summer High Water

Photo of the Month: Summer High Water

Monday, November 07, 2011

North Carolina Gold

While out walking a stream this weekend, I came across a slab of gold in a nice run.  The fish was actively feeding, but I ended up spooking it without a hookup.  Yesterday was a different story.  The fish fell for a caddis pupa...

Tyson Musgrave Photograph

Tyson Musgrave Photograph

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:54 PM

    http://pescaredappertutto.blogspot.com/2011/10/27cm.html#!/2011/10/27cm.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Piękna ryba ! Gratulacje !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great hook up! way to get back after him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. NC Flydancer9:55 PM

    Hey David, That's a beautiful brown, and I'm pretty sure that's the one you told me about in the campground Sunday. I did look for the Browns but couldn't find them. I did hook about a dozen Rainbows and landed 9 I believe later in the day. It was very nice to meet you and maybe we can meet and fish over on the River sometime that I'm headed over there.
    Best Regards,

    Rick(NC Flydancer)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks guys! I was pretty happy about catching that fish, mostly because of the persistance required.

    Rick, it was nice meeting you at Smokemont. Give me a holler if you're headed this way and let's fish...

    ReplyDelete

Newsletter

Subscribe to the Trout Zone Anglers Newsletter!

* indicates required