Guided Trips

UPDATE:9/1/2015 -- The Smokies continue to fish well. The fish are obviously eating well but still seem to always be hungry. Now is the time to fish the higher elevation waters and enjoy rainbow and brook trout. The water is getting low so steeper drainages with pocket water should fish best. If you must fish the larger streams, do so early and late.

The Caney Fork is fishing well this year. The streamer bite has been good on some high water days but on other days the fish seem to be stuffed full already despite plenty of forage around. This past Sunday featured great fishing on low water. I had to change flies to get the colors and sizes right on the midges, but once I did, it was game ON with lots of fish to hand. Contact me about a float trip if you want to get in on this great fishing at TroutZoneAnglers@gmail.com or call/text (931) 261-1884.

Cumberland Plateau smallmouth fishing is good when the water levels cooperate. The terrestrial fishing continues to be excellent. There is very little reason to throw anything other than topwater right now. Ever caught a Coosa bass? That is a possibility right now as well!

Help support the Trout Zone and purchase your 2015 Tennessee fishing license using this link!

Photo of the Month: Streamer Eating Goodness

Photo of the Month: Streamer Eating Goodness

Sunday, December 09, 2007

Last Time

Today was the last chance I have to fish for a couple of weeks now. Semester finals are rapidly approaching and I'll be spending any free time I have trying to study. The last day was nothing exciting unfortunately. I drove over to the Hiwassee and explored a bit before hitting a couple of spots that always produce. Only 5 or so fish were inclined to eat my flies so it was a slow time on the water. All the fish were the usual stocker 'bows, hence the lack of pictures. I assume you all know what those look like by now...

Thankfully, my next time fishing should be somewhere other than the HI. Most likely it will be the SoHo but it is possible that I will be on the Caney for a few hours before that. Regardless, the quality of fishing (well, at least the catching) should be much higher. I'm going for one of those big browns on the SoHo over Christmas break and will be fishing at least a couple of days over there. If things go well, I may have to schedule a bit more time to fish in East Tennessee. I can't wait!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newsletter

Subscribe to the Trout Zone Anglers Newsletter!

* indicates required